Thursday, July 4, 2013

Happy Independence Day!

Today I celebrated the great Capitalist tradition of earning "time & a half" plus eight hours of holiday pay that will be on my check: basically meaning I earned "double time" for today's work. I translated for a Chinese customer (permanent resident) who purchased $12K worth of stuff... too bad I don't get a cut of my sales. Anyway, he was a repeat customer back for some .338 Lapua ammo that just arrived and cost $149.99 per 20rd box. Five boxes of ammo, an FN SPR .308 rifle, Swarovski scope and spotting scope all add up. The scope was only $2499 and the rifle $3199 each. The spotting scope was what really amped up his tab. He was very happy to have a worker there who was semi-fluent in Mandarin. I always get a kick out of showing my SoCal colleagues just how clever Alabama boys can be. Hehehe.

After work, I made some calls to family and friends wishing them well, and catching up on details in each others' lives. July Fourth is a fun time. Last night my wife Eliz and I celebrated early by having a Thai food dinner at Papaya Bay in Redlands, then dessert at the trendy ice cream joint: A la Minute. Just now, she insisted we pop some confetti-filled "champagne poppers" in the den. Our cat, Winchester, is not that amused. Tonight for supper before she goes in for her shift we're going to get some samosas at the hospital cafeteria. They're only available twice a month, so it is quite a treat.

I wish all of you readers a Happy Independence Day and Happy Everyday!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment